Director Analytics & Sales Strategy
The primary role and function of the Director of Analytics & Sales Strategy (DASS) is to help optimize promotional and operational efforts through the analysis and prediction of sales trends and market performance with the business systems LifeVantage has is place. Through project based exposure, the DASS is expected to develop subject matter expertise of application data components. Through research and analysis, the DASS will provide data-driven insight to resolve issues and inform the strategic direction of the Sales department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports to identify sales patterns and areas for improvement, comparing actual sales data to revenue projections and expectations.
- Using previous sales data and market trends, work with Regional VPs to develop forecasts and projections for each of the current open markets to assist in strategic direction.
- Develop and present reports to identify current sales patterns and identify the potential effects new strategies can have to aid in decision making.
- Work with the sales team to develop promotional campaigns by identifying areas of opportunity for revenue growth, by market.
- Analyze behavioral trends of the distributor field.
- Prepare and present regular reports to present to the sales team and executive management team. Provide advice on increasing revenue, eliminating weaknesses with the company’s sales system, meeting sales targets, and improving promotional efforts.
- Familiar with SQL reporting.
- Development of Weekly trend reporting
- Promote continuous improvement through data mining and analytics
- Collaborate with Sales, IT, and Finance departments on driving data consistency
- Create new reports and modify existing reports using industry standards and best practices
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and determine when repetitive ad-hoc requests should be included as standard reporting
- Understand data standards and identify data abnormalities. Instill data quality in all information delivered.
- Act as the liaison with BI IT as the subject matter expert for data mapping as well as above to query SQL databases and designing business solutions.
- Maintain close alignment with all internal and external stakeholders
- Other functions as needed or directed by management
Education and/or Experience
- MBA preferred Bachelors but not required from an accredited University
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a corporate environment preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the Network Marketing Industry
- Professional certification in Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert in business intelligence
- Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with exceptional Excel ability.
- Professional certification in Microsoft’s Certified Solutions Expert in business intelligence.
- Research, critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to retrieve and analyze data from multiple sources
- Effective prioritization and task management
- h4 time management, critical thinking, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a demonstrated ability to collaborate and interact with all levels of employees and leadership.
- Attention to detail with the ability to organize, prioritize and produce alternate solutions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.